As I look at my life as a mother of 3 young amazing and healthy children I cannot help but smile. I look at my career which has been my lifelong passion as a fitness trainer, running coach and weight loss specialist and I am reminded of how fortunate I am. I look at my health and my ability to run races quickly and I feel so accomplished! But there is not one day in my life that is easy. I work for everything that I have and each day is a challenge. And I have learned through my experiences in my personal and professional life that nothing worth having is easy (fitness included). I have become a hero to many of my clients, family, and friends and I want you to know there is a hero in you too! Here are some surefire ways to get you going in your workouts and eating healthy so you can embody your superpowers.
1) Create your very own “superhero workout.” Include effective exercises such as the squat, lunge, pushups, and the plank. Complete 1-3 sets of 18 of these effective and energy boosting exercises. Then complete your workout with 30 -45 minutes of cardio (running, biking, swimming or walking).
2) Create your “superhero food plan”. You cannot see effective fitness and weight loss results without eating a balanced and nutrient dense diet. And by eating a healthy food plan you will boost your energy. Based on your weight and activity level create a calorie goal food plan that works best for you. Make sure to include fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. You may want to visit a personal trainer, nutritionist or dietician to find a plan that works for you.
3) Schedule your “super hero fitness time” wisely. Without a plan you are setting yourself up for failure so plan in advance so you will meet and exceed all your fitness and weight loss goals. I find that scheduling this time daily leaves no room for excuses. So get planning so you can reach your goals!
4) Think like a superhero. If you find that self doubt has gotten in your way pave the path for the new day. Start your day with a positive mindset. Remove all “I can’t” and replace with “I can.” If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything in your workouts, fitness goals and all other aspects of your life.
5) Have fun like a superhero. It will take hard work, time and dedication to meet your goal and that is okay. Be realistic and realize that your time and effort will pay off! Just remember to have fun in the process. Being fit is fun and exciting! Rejoice in your new found self and inspire others with your motivation.
Start today with your goals in mind and realize that the potential is all within you. Use your superpower tips to unleash the superhero within you! Know that you can achieve all of your fitness and lifelong goals with hard work and a positive mindset!